Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: October Playlist.

October Playlist.



This season always gets me in the mood to listen to both happier and more mellow music. I don't know if those things necessarily coincide, but in my mind, they do. Fall is one of the happiest seasons, which means that since October is the first full month of fall, it's chockful of pure amazing. 

October is full of beautiful colors, amazing fashion, spooky costumes, delectable food, overall creativity, and of course, some awesome tunes. There are lots of artists coming out with (or have come out with) new albums this fall, including Florida Georgia Line, Weezer, Jessie J, the Ting Tings, She & Him, and my girl, Taylor Swift. This month is definitely a great month for the music industry, and these are a few songs I've been jammin' out to for the past nine days (maybe longer).

YELLOW FLICKER BEAT by LORDE
I seriously can't get enough of this song. Lorde is one of my absolute favorite artists. I've never heard a song by her that I didn't like. I've literally been listening to this non-stop. If Spotify kept up with the number of times I've listened to a song, this song would have an embarrassingly high number next to it.


BY THE BAY by CAROLINE GLASER
How this girl didn't win The Voice is beyond me. And to show how upset I was, I stopped watching it. Okay, that's not why I stopped (more like 3 hours a week with at least half that just being commercial breaks when there are so many other good shows on. Helloooo Supernatural), but this girl was seriously robbed! I'm loving her latest EP, and this song (as is the rest of the EP) is so beautiful. Caroline's voice is just flawless (she woke up like dis). And that little bit of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" at the end...amazing.


HEROES (WE COULD BE) by ALESSO
Spotify recommended this song to me (you go, Spotify), and now I can't stop listening. It's the perfect combination of inspiring and catchy. 


SHAKE IT OFF by TAYLOR SWIFT
I think I've already made my love for T-Swizzle pretty clear here. T-minus 17 days till 1989!


IN THE SUN by SHE & HIM
I love the message in this song. Not all days are awesome, but we don't have to let it get us down! Plus, how adorable is Zooey Deschanel in this video? 


ONE MINUTE MORE by CAPITAL CITIES
This song just makes me so happy! Though the video is a bit confusing.


AMERICAN KIDS by KENNY CHESNEY
I love this song because it's just so chill, and it's the perfect tune to listen to when you're just hanging out with your friends and catching up over a glass of wine or a margarita. My favorite line: "A little messed up, but we're all alright." New motto? Maybe.


CRAZY WORLD by BOYS LIKE GIRLS
This song makes me smile so big. The lyrics speak to me! Everyone should just slow down and live life and stop paying attention to all the craziness around us. Plus, it's just a happy tune. I love it.


What songs are you jammin' to this month?

39 comments :

  1. That song by Lorde has been my jam for the last month! Excellent playlist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Needed some new songs to listen to :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life, Love, + Coffee StainsOctober 9, 2014 at 9:48 AM

    Such great variety! Thanks!


    Chelsea
    Co-Founder of Life Love and Coffee Stains

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am still obsessed with Shake it Off and I'm glad someone else is!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shake it Off is my go to running song :) I am so glad that others like it as well...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been jamming to All that bass

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Lorde too, so I'm bookmarking this to listen through the rest of your likes later when I don't have an officemate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Coffee Beans High HeelsOctober 9, 2014 at 10:43 AM

    Great songs! Will look for them!
    Xo
    Orly
    Coffeebeansandhighheels.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this!! I might need to borrow this idea. If that's cool with you. Loving your blog.


    xoxo
    Candace
    www.FromCtoC.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Of course! I would love to see what songs you've been listening to!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lorde is amazing. She really came out of nowhere, and she's so talented. I love all of her songs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that song! She recently sang it on Ellen, and I was jammin'!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! It always gets me pumped. I love jammin' to it in the car (or in the shower haha).

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your playlist! I have most them already on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I don't know if I could ever tire of it. I love watching all of the behind the scenes videos too. I'm so excited for her new album.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're welcome! I'm happy you enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Right?! It's so good! I can't stop listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the playlist!! Great taste in music! Love how you added a little bit of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love it! Love Lorde!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First things, I'm in love with your "pin it" button that looks like the sorting hat it's wonderful.


    Anyways, I really like "Shake it Off" I basically always want to dance whenever I hear it, and sometimes I do (and get weird looks as I wait for the tram...). It's also the first time I've heard the song by Lorde for Mockingjay... and I really like it! :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yay! It's always nice to find people who have the same taste in music as me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much, Olivia! I tried to make it a little diverse.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yes! I'm so happy you caught that! Some people have thought that it's for Halloween, which totally works too, but it's definitely the Sorting Hat. Love!


    And "Shake It Off" is literally the best! I really can't wait for her new album. I have high hopes! I've been obsessing over Lorde's new song. When it first came out, I had it on repeat at work for at least three days straight. No lie.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It's definitely one of my favorite songs right now. Taylor is a musical genius. I'm super excited for her new CD!

    ReplyDelete
  25. love love love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This makes me super excited. I love American Kids

    Felecia @ atasteofthecollegelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love all these songs like usual! Shake It Off was on my playlist too! I also have been listening to a lot of Bastille and the Gilmore Girls theme! I just shared my playlist yesterday, great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Me too! It's such a fun song. When it comes on in the car, I always have to sing along.

    ReplyDelete
  29. The Gilmore Girls theme song! Yes! I always sing the song out loud at the beginning of every episode. I love that show so much! I'll have to go check out your playlist too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. "Heroes" always makes me want to dance! I'm so happy you enjoyed the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for some great new recommendations!

    xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love these songs but especially love everything by She and Him!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Love Zooey Deschanel's voice!

    ReplyDelete
  33. You're welcome! I love sharing music.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Right?! It's so unique, and she's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

09 10