Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: Reunions for the Books.

Reunions for the Books.



I think one of the hardest things about both graduating and moving are leaving behind friends. Even though we don't like to admit it to ourselves, distance can change friendships. We live our new day-to-day lives, making new friends, and only checking in our old friends every once in awhile, sometimes not even with a conversation. Most times, "checking in" really means them popping up in our news feeds and us Facebook stalking them for the next half hour before we move on to scrolling through their tweets and latest Instagram pictures.

Even though having long-distance friendships can be hard, there's just something about reuniting with them and having it feel like no time has passed at all. There are some friends that you can get together with after months, or even years, apart, and it just feels like old times. I was lucky enough to have two reunions recently that were just like that. 

My friend, Lauren, and I literally haven't seen each other for years. We're talking high school here. We were really close in middle school, and then I moved from South Carolina all the way down to Louisiana during the middle of my freshman year. I visited South Carolina a couple times, and we usually got together, but I haven't visited in awhile, and I think the last time I went down there, I didn't even get to see her.



She drove all the way down from South Carolina with her boyfriend because the University of South Carolina was playing in the Independence Bowl against Miami. Plus, they wanted to make a trip to New Orleans, so this pretty much justified them making the 13-hour drive (which is actually 18-ish if you count the drive down to New Orleans). 

The two of them stayed with me, and we ate spaghetti at Monjuni's. We all went to the game, but we went separately, them together, and me with my sister, step-dad, and family friends. It was cold and rainy, but it was my first USC game, and I was pumped to cheer on my Gamecocks (I'll pause here for you to laugh at the name of their mascot). 



Little sister and step-dad. 

Freezing, but staying dry in my Tech poncho and I heart USC pin


...Moving on.

After the game, we met back up at my place, and we talked about people that we both knew back in South Carolina and how everyone is getting engaged and having multiple children, and while we're both in happy relationships, neither of us are doing that yet. It was fun to laugh with her about people who don't return our Facebook messages or who are our age and have three kids and counting. 

The fun ended too soon when I had to leave to make the drive down south to meet up with Jon and his family. I only got to stay there one night, and we spent pretty much the whole time watching reruns of Chopped and Family Feud, which I was totally okay with. They also gave me my birthday and Christmas presents. All Harry Potter-themed, which was awesome. I'm telling you, this was the year for Harry Potter gifts. They got me an afghan, a bracelet, an ornament, and the Unofficial Harry Potter Cookbook. I can't wait to break open that baby and act like I can cook. 


After spending time with Jon's family, Jon and I drove even further down south to have a reunion with the Tech Fam (Anamaria, Mandy, Tyler, and Analeigh + Analeigh's new fiance, William. They had just gotten engaged the night before. Presh.). And man, this was literally the reunion for the books. It was a blast! We played a murder mystery game that I bought years ago at Goodwill for $6. We played Cards Against Humanity which is the most awful game in the best way. I could play it all day. We talked and drank wine and ordered a ton of Chinese food. It made me miss college so much. 

Typical silly Analeigh

The boys - (L-R) William, Tyler, Jon

Aftermath of Chinese food

Analeigh and William - the newly engaged

Former roomies: (L-R) Anamaria, me, Mandy, Analeigh
Tech Fam! (L-R) Jon, Anamaria, me, Mandy, Analeigh, Tyler

All of us. Love these people.

<3 td="">


We also made s'mores with the s'mores maker I bought for Anamaria for Christmas. Really random gift, but pretty awesome, I must say.



After everyone left besides Anamaria, Mandy, and me, the three of us exchanged gifts, and more Harry Potter gifts came into my life. Anamaria got me a bracelet that had both of our tattoos on it. Super cute. She also made me these amazing Harry Potter coasters that Jon and I use all the time now. Plus she got me this cute business card holder that I can't wait to put my blog business cards in because I just ordered some. Say what?! Mandy painted me these awesome Harry Potter paintings, both house elf-themed. One says "Clean up after yourself. House elves don't work here." The other says "Free Dobby" and has a little ribbon hanging from it to hang socks. I love them! She also got me two Harry Potter shirts, both of which I've worn already. (All gifts are pictured above in the tweet.)

I really just love reunions so much, and I already have two to look forward to. 
1) Analeigh's + William's wedding. They've already told us to save the date, and I can't wait!
2) ATM (That's Anamaria, Tiffany, and Mandy for those who haven't been following along) reunion in Chicago to see our girl, Taylor Swift. What what. Also, my first trip to Chicago, and I'm freaking pumped about it.

So yea, I love my friends. They're pretty awesome, and this is going to be an awesome year of reunions!

Do you love having reunions with your friends? What do y'all usually do?

22 comments :

  1. reunions with friends are always so much fun. I just had on in November. We went to the rain forest cafe for dinner. Also that s'mores maker is too cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, all of that sounds amazing and like so much fun! I'm super jealous of all of your Harry Potter gifts, btw. That reunion looked like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those HP gifts look awesome. I'm going to have to see if I can find that cookbook. It looks like you had a lot of fun reuniting with everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that smores maker in my life! And the all-Harry Potter everything is amazing. My best friend and I always went to the midnight showings together for HP and have HP marathons all the time. I'm going to have to get her that cookbook for her birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oddly enough, I got it from Best Buy. Of all places, right? So if you're looking for a s'mores maker, I guess that's the place to go! I love HP so much, and I'm thrilled that all of the people in my life understand and respect that obsession. So many HP things. I miss the HP midnight showings! Midnight showings aren't the same. The cookbook is so fun. I think your friend would LOVE it! It's definitely a necessity for the kitchen of all HP lovers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is one of the best feelings to be back with good friends

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow that smore thing is adorable! And I got the Harry Potter unofficial cookbook for my birthday a couple years ago. I've only made on meal out of it though :( It looks like you had such a fun time! Reunions are the greatest.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like literally the best reunion ever. I want to come to the next one!


    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's so funny when people consider the USC mascot so funny, because my school (Jacksonville State University in Alabama) are also the Gamecocks and our big rooster's name is Cocky!


    It looks like you had a fantastic reunion :)


    xoxo, SS


    www.TheSouthernStylista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would you believe me if I said I got the s'more maker at Best Buy? Of all places - Best Buy! It was an impulse buy, and I'm excited I got it for my friend, otherwise, I'd be using it daily. You should make more meals! Maybe we can do a collaborative post on making things from the Harry Potter cookbook, except, I suck at taking pictures of food haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It was so wonderful! I think any reunion that has a 1:1 ratio of talking and laughter is an amazing one. But really though...when are we double dating because that needs to happen. And then we can blog about it. Or vlog! Since you're an awesome vlogger now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't know there was another school that had the Gamecocks as the mascot! Crazy! I grew up with it, so I'm used to the name, but everyone else was making a big deal out of it. I love that the mascot's name is "Cocky." It's so fun! And yes, my reunion was a blast! I love catching up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely agree with you on the the graduating/moving--it's hard to have/maintain long-distance friendships with some, but I love, love, love the friendships where it feels like no time has passed, even if you haven't seen each other in years. <3 I'm glad you got to have a reunion with them! It sounded like so much fun! :D

    P.S. That s'mores contraption is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like a lot of fun! Love your owl top.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was so much fun to see everyone after so much time. And thanks! It was a gift, but it's from JCPenney!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was an absolute blast reuniting with everyone! I love meeting up with old friends. I'm really excited about my HP cookbook. I know I've seen it on Amazon! I can't wait to try some recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm obsessed with the s'mores maker and almost kept it for myself. It's so handy. Wine is always a must at reunions!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That s'mores maker is amazing! And I love my reunions with friends. They usually start with dinner, have a lot of talking and end with wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm so obsessed with all of my Harry Potter gifts. Even though I have so much now, I still want more! Haha. My HP obsession is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That sounds like a really fun reunion! I love the Rain Forest Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing old friend after so long. It's amazing how we all use to see each other almost daily, now whenever we meet up our moments and time together is cherished. On another note, I can't believe a Harry Potter Cookbook exists?! Man, I believe that is something I should look into ...

    ReplyDelete

09 10