Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: Becoming Bliss | Stress Less

Becoming Bliss | Stress Less

stress less
I don't know about y'all, but it feels like spring has been taking a toll on me. Between working full-time, keeping up with my blog and the Blogging Elite, filming and editing videos for my YouTube channel, working on a special project, and attempting to have a social life, it's like I don't even know the meaning of the words "free time" anymore. I'm about ready to pull out my hair (and maybe I should because it's been growing a lot lately - hellooooo split ends). 

When I have too much on my plate, it's hard for me to let any of it go. I run around like a chicken with it's head cutoff (and I think we all know that's not a pretty sight). Luckily, I've come up with a few ways to help me stress a little less.

WRITE IT ALL DOWN
I've always been a very visual person, so if I see a list of all the things that I need to do written down in front of me, I can immediately feel a little more calm. Seeing it all laid out allows me to look at each thing I need to do, prioritize by what's most important and cross things off when I finish them. It gives me a sense of accomplishment because I can actually see my list getting shorter as I finish each task.

GET AWAY
Sometimes when it all seems like to much, the best thing for you to do is step away from all of it. Instead of mentally replaying all of the things you need to accomplish in your head, get out and do something that has nothing to do with anything that you need to get down. If you're an athletic person, you could go for a run. If you're a writer, you could go old school with a paper and pen and go to town. If you're a reader, crack open a book (this one is my favorite). You could even just turn on Netflix and enjoy an episode of your favorite show. Giving your brain a break may be exactly what you need to do in order to re-energize and refocus. 

BLAST SOME MUSIC
Music has such an effect on me. If I'm listening to sad music, I'm instantly put in a sad mood. If I'm listening to dance music, I usually want to get up and dance. If I'm listening to happy music, you bet I'll be smiling by the end of the song. No matter what music you're into, it can really help to put your mind in a better place and really just help you loosen up and let your mind wander elsewhere. If you're anything like me, you'll end up dancing by yourself in your living room. Alternatively, you could go for a drive and blast the music to help clear your head a bit. 

TAKE A BUBBLE BATH
There's not much I enjoy more than soaking in a steaming hot bubble bath with my tablet next to me with Netflix on and a glass of wine nearby. It really is my own personal paradise. Even if you're like Chandler Bing and don't appreciate the greatness of a good bubble bath, you could also just take a hot shower and give your brain time to rest before you get back to the grind. 

CALL SOMEONE UP
Sometimes when you have a lot of stuff going on, what you really need is a friend, someone to listen to you and talk you and help you through all of the stress. Sometimes talking it out is the best thing you can do for yourself. Next time you're stressed, dial your best friend or closest relative and let the rant session begin. 

BREAK A SWEAT
I know when I'm working out or physically exerting myself in any way, I'm usually focused on my body and my breathing, not my endless to-do list. Go for a run, do some yoga, lift some weights, do some push-ups, get out in the sunshine! 

LAUGH
I am a wholehearted believer in that laughter really is the best medicine. Laughter pulls me out of the foulest of moods. Call up a friend ask them to tell you a funny story. Go on YouTube and watch a series of hilarious videos. Watch your favorite comedy show on Netflix. Whatever you do, just laugh your little heart out. 

DRINK SOME WINE
This may not be backed by scientific fact, but I know that when I drink a glass of wine (or even take a shot if I'm feeling extra classy), it instantly relaxes me. I think I've mentioned a time or two that my love affair with wine is so real, and just taking a few minutes to enjoy a glass helps take my mind off of the many things I need to get done. 

What are your favorite ways to de-stress? 
Share it in a blog post, and link it up below!








27 comments :

  1. These are all great tips! I love blasting music to de-stress!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree that this stress has been absolute killer! I'm like you in that I HAVE to write things down if I'm really going to get them accomplished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOGA! Jeromy gave me 108 classes at the new yoga studio in town and I always find myself leaving there super refreshed and ready to tackle the mountain of stuff I have left on my to do list. (It. Never. Ends.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we just call EACH OTHER up and vent about life sometimes?!?! Because I just feel you girl. And you're still killin' it, btw...
    Take a bath and listen to Renegades by Xbassadors. So. Good.


    cominguprosestheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always been a firm believer in running and music. As I've gotten older I've tried meditation + yoga and tea and wow do those work too. I think as bloggers we also have to realize we can step away and take a short break from all the buzz and chatter and social media - even if it's only for an evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent tips! When I'm stressed I usually make a list and then call someone...usually my fiance. I always feel better after venting a little!


    acupoftay.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wine. Wine always helps. I love that it's on the list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely love these tips! Working out and writing things down helps me a lot when times get rough. Commenting from Blissfully Brunette: https://blissfullybrunette.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can never go wrong with bubble baths and wine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really though. They're the perfect stress relievers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you enjoyed these tips, Kiara! Writing things down is one of my favorite stress relievers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel better after venting too! My boyfriend hears a lot of stuff he doesn't care about, but he takes it like a champ and always makes me feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. When I used to go jogging, I loved to blast my music, and it really was a great way to clear my head. I would love to do that again now that's it's warmer out. I've never tried to meditate before, but I've always found it fascinating and would love to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Um, heck yes we can! I've never listened to that song, but I already know that I'm going to love it cause twins.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so bad at yoga. It's really sad. I tried it at summer camp, yes summer camp while I was a camp counselor, and the little campers were better than me. It's just really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad you agree, Erin! If I don't write things down, then I know I'm going to forget about them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Music is one of my favorite ways to relieve stress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yep...I know exactly what you mean and between blogging, working, and everything else, free time...what is that? But, I love blogging so I happily spend a very large slice of my time working on it and everything that involves, but yes....I'm routinely stressed out since there's so much I want to do with it and just never enough time. I do a lot of what you mention in your list (writing is down is the big one for me and letting it go sometimes). In the past 6 months, I've learned when I start feeling that stressed/freaked out feeling, so take a deep breath and tell myself that 'it's okay...you are enough and whatever you can get done is enough. you'll get to the rest when it's right.' and that generally calms me right down!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great post!! I absolutely love the tips that you listed :) I have definitely felt stretched in too many directions lately, as well! Something's gotta give!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think everyone is bad at yoga until all of a sudden, they aren't so bad anymore. I'm still at the bad beginner stage, but as my strength increases, it gets easier.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really need to try deep breathing and perhaps even yoga. Writing things down is definitely my go-to for all parts of my life!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my goodness, this post was totally helpful! Stress is a constant part of my day and these strategies will definitely come in handy!


    www.mayliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so happy you found this post helpful, Mayara!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Music, awesome food, laughter, exercise, and good company are my cures for stress! <3

    ReplyDelete

09 10