Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: if this is austin, i still love you.

if this is austin, i still love you.


So hopefully y'all read all about my Austin Teen Book Festival fun yesterday, but if not, read all about it here! It really was so fun and worth the six hour drive. I was inspired and it made me even more bookwormy. I wish they had events like that in Shreveport. Sigh.

Anyway, in addition to going to ATBF, my sister and I also got to experience some fun Austin-ian things.

My sister and I both love sushi, so we went to this place called Mikado for dinner. I don't remember what either of us got, but both of our rolls were so delicious. I especially loved mine because whenever I go to a sushi place, I usually have to take something out (usually cucumbers. Bleh), but here, I didn't! The lighting was very dark and romantic.








After dinner, we went to a coffee shop called Summermoon. We had a very awkward moment with this guy who was standing outside with his dog. He was at a little window, so I thought that we were supposed to order outside. I said hi to his dog and petted him then we just stood there awkwardly for a few moments before I asked the guy if this was where we were supposed to order. He made a weird face at me then promptly informed me that we were supposed to go inside to order. Sorry, dude.

I ordered a Summermoon, and Bre ordered a Wintermoon. They were both pretty delicious. We sat in the coffee shop for about an hour just talking and bonding. It was so much fun. We had a few good laughs.



We didn't get to bed on Friday until about 1 am and then we woke up around 6:30 am for ATBF, so we were pretty exhausted. We went back to the hotel after Summermoon and fell asleep pretty quickly.

On Sunday, we went to the Pecan Street Festival. I know what you're thinking - Pecans! Delicious! But there were no pecans at the Pecan Street Festival. I was deeply disappointed. It was still fun though, in spite of the lack of pecans.

Our favorite booth was the Toyota booth. They had a lot of fun stuff going on - bracelet making, nail art, and a photo booth! Photo booths are my fave.




There were a lot of cool art vendors and activities and bands. We walked through the entire thing. The only thing I bought was a Scentsy for my car. I have been looking for one everywhere, and now my car smells awesome. I got Sweet Pea and Vanilla. Mmm.












Austin and my hair just did not get along. After the festival, it was a loooong drive back to Shreveport. We did not want to go home!

Also, I'm collecting post cards to decorate my travel-themed room. If you would like to help a sista out and send me a post card from where you live, I would love you forever! If you can, please email me at tiffanykwhite@gmail.com. Thanks a bunch and happy hump day!

 photo dastisignatureEDIT_zpsa7bcb721.png 

2 comments :

  1. Oh sushi how I miss it! Just one month till my baby is here and I can eat it again! haha!
    Looks so good in your picture!
    Doing a giveaway, would love for you to check it out!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had so much fun! I loved reading about it :)

    ReplyDelete

09 10