Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: homemade sushi.

homemade sushi.

For Christmas, Jon and I got my sister a sushi-making kit. A part of me hoped that I would get to reap the benefits of this gift, and this past weekend, I did! My sister and I had a sushi-making part of 2, and it was a blast. A delicious blast. We only used 5 ingredients for the filling: crab, baby shrimp, avocado, cream cheese and cucumber (the cucumber was just for her because I can't hang with them. No sirree). With the combo of all of these ingredients, we did about 5 different rolls, and they were so good!



My first time cutting an avocado. It was a bit of a struggle.





Though my hair is covering up the word, I am actually wearing a Gryffindor shirt. Yup.

We ate most of the first roll before this picture was taken.

Though that looks like bacon, it is, in fact, crab.













We also used a few different sauces - sriracha, teriyaki, hot mustard ( I meant to buy spicy mayo, but I accidentally got this instead. It ended up being pretty good though) and some soy sauce for dipping. All of the rolls turned out really awesome, and we got full really fast. I like fish for sushi too, but we stuck to the basics for this par-tay (of 2). 
The rest of the weekend looked something like this:
High quality front camera iPhone pic.

Sweet Bella. 

Sweet Pancho loves to cuddle.

3D movie while house-sitting. Pancho just didn't want to stop giving kisses.

Unintentionally matching. Stoic faces. You'll find us featured in Cosmo's "Who wore it better?"


 photo withlovesignature_zpscd4b5559.png

18 comments :

  1. I love sushi! It is my favorite thing to eat. We make it all the time at school. You should try rice papers too if you don't like seaweed.


    xo. Kailagh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that looks so good! My brother got a sushi kit a few years ago and he hasn't used it yet...I hope that stuff doesn't go bad!


    Iman's dad makes sashimi and sushi all of the time. I can't wait to go visit him so he can make it for us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so yummy! I almost always get avocado and cream cheese rolls. I don't like cucumber either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha, yeah I should bug my brother. He's usually only awake in the middle of the night when I am trying to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks awesome! I don't think I've seen anything like that before! Did the sushi taste much better as a home made dish? (:

    What a brilliant way to start of the new year haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was surprisingly tasty! The first time I tried to make it a few years ago, the rice turned out wrong, so it just didn't work out, but this time, it was so good! I wouldn't say homemade is better than restaurants though. Only because the ones we made were pretty basic compared to the elaborate ones you get at sushi restaurants. It was still fun to make and really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try making suchi stat!! you guys did great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! It turned out so well. I want to start making it more often.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If I ever learned to make sushi... whooo, hello bigger bank account ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. EXACTLY! I feel like learning how to make it would save me so much money. I just love it so much. I want to eat it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm assuming you fully cooked the rice this time? haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yeah. It's amazing how much better it tastes when all of the rice is actually cooked haha. We'll have to try again when I come visit you (at an undetermined date).

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love sushi. I going next weekend to have sushi with my friends

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sushi is literally my favorite food. I just want to eat it all the time! Have fun with your friends next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually like the seaweed, but rice paper sounds intriguing and good. That's cool that you make it at school all the time! This was only my second attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Y'all should use it together! A brother-sister thing? Maybe? I don't know. I don't think either of my brothers would want to make sushi with me haha. So lucky you know someone that makes it a lot. That must mean it's pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It was pretty delicious. Yeah, I don't like cucumber at all, but my sister loves it! Avocado and cream cheese are two of my favorite things to get on sushi, especially avocado! Yum! I used to hate it, and now I love it.

    ReplyDelete

09 10