Exciting news, y'all! I'm starting a new series called Becoming Bliss where I'm going to be sharing ways for you to bring a little more bliss into your life! I'm so excited about this new series, and I hope y'all keep coming back to get a little more inspiration each week.
Today, I want to talk about enjoying the little things. I feel like everyone has seen the quote "Enjoy the little things," but sometimes, that can be easier said than done. When you're living your life from day-to-day, you're not thinking about how the little things impact you. If you're like me, you may catch yourself living life in auto-mode. You're not living in that moment, instead you're thinking about what you need to pick up at the grocery store when you get off work or whether your favorite TV show is set to record. You're not living in the moment.
My advice is to slow down. Take time to really live your life. Stop thinking about the future for just a little bit and live in the right now. Enjoy the present now instead of reminiscing about it in the future. Take time to really taste that glass of wine. Take advantage of a ten-minute cuddle session with your significant other before you both fall asleep. Enjoy a short walk around the block with your dog. The little things add up to big things; and the little things are what make you grateful for what you have. Don't take advantage of little things you have and don't let those moments pass you by, because some of those things are what others only wish they could have.
Here are a few little things that I enjoy:
- Slipping into my pajamas after a long day at work
- The wagging tails of my dogs when I get home
- A cold glass of sweet wine
- Themed parties
- Kissing Jon goodnight before he goes to bed
- A compliment on my hair, whether I think it looks good or not
- Reading a book under the lamplight before I go to bed
- Connecting with someone through my blog or YouTube channel
- Getting something in the mail (especially when it's unexpected)
- When someone tells me they're proud of me
- Being compared to someone I admire
- Breaking out into song
- A phone call from someone I haven't spoken to in awhile
- Hitting 'publish' on a blog post that I'm really proud of
- Game nights
- Blowing on a dandelion and watching all of the seeds fly away
- Pillow fights with Jon
- Hearing a song that sparks a wonderful memory
- Spontaneous dance parties
- Sifting my feet through sand
- Long showers with music
What are some of the little things that you enjoy in life?