Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: if i stay.

if i stay.

if i stay by gayle forman book review


I'm a fan of reading books before they become a movie. I know it makes more sense to see the movie then read the book so that you'll like both, but that just doesn't work for me. With Harry Potter, I read the books first and the movies were amazing. If a movie based on a novel just doesn't measure up to the amazingness of the novel, then that's not my fault. I like to know what's going to happen in the movie. That's just the kind of gal I am.

Anyway, I recently stumbled upon this list on Pinterest (even though I've pinned about 3 or 4 now) of books to read before they become movies. I wrote down a bunch of the ones that I thought looked good and went to the library. I could only find one, and it was a young adult book. I also got the second one in the series. I figured if there was a second one, then I would be frustrated with the ending of the first one, and I would want to keep reading. I proved myself right.

I think the reason I kept reading If I Stay by Gayle Forman is that I wanted to know what decision she makes. I actually got really frustrated with the telling of the story because it's told in flashbacks in a way. You have this main event happening in the present, and then you're introduced to and get to know other characters better through flashbacks. Almost the entire book is flashbacks. I got a little frustrated at some parts because I just wanted to know about what was happening in the present, not the past.

Without giving too much away, the book is about a girl named Mia who gets into a car accident with her family. She has this sort of out of body experience, and she has to decide whether or not she wants to live or die.

I give this book a 3 out of 5. I thought it was good, not amazing. I am excited for the movie though. It's going to star Chloe Moretz, and I just think she's absolutely adorable. I think she'll do the role justice. I'm starting the second one this week, so hopefully I'll like it a bit better.

endless bliss book reviews


if i stay by gayle forman book review

-- tiffanykhyla.

6 comments :

  1. I think I've just found a new book to read! Thanks for that. =0)
    I'll have to check out what else is on your list.
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should def check it out! It's an interesting read!

      Delete
  2. i cant even handle sad shit. this sounds like a tear jerker! I am a mess when I read sad books or watch sad movies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to never cry at movies, and then one day I became a titty baby. I don't know when that happened.

      Delete
  3. I can't do justice when a book is being captured in a film . Sometime book is better and sometime film . Harry potter was better in a film though...
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the Harry Potter books were better, mostly cause that's how I fell in love with HP in the first place and all of the extra details. JK Rowling amazes me as a writer. I still love the movies though. I watch them regularly haha.

      Delete

09 10