Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: You Wanna Dance or Nah? {Gulf Shores or Bust Part 2}

You Wanna Dance or Nah? {Gulf Shores or Bust Part 2}

So now for the second half of my Gulf Shores road trip. If you're just now tuning in, be sure to check out yesterday's post to read about my first two days in Gulf Shores!

Day 3
When we woke up on Monday, the sky didn't look very pretty. It was dark and cloudy, but we still decided to go to the beach after breakfast. We took the beach chairs, and Katherine and I decided to put the chairs in the water and Amanda sat next to us chair-less since there were only two in the condo. It felt lovely just sitting there without a care in the world. It was really windy and sand was getting everywhere, so it was impossible to comfortably sit on the blanket. Sand kept flying onto us, and it was super uncomfortable. By the time Sarah joined us about 45 minutes later, Kat and I were ready to leave. About halfway to the condo, rain just started pouring. Amanda and Sarah got the bulk of it, not making it back to the condo for about another ten minutes. We rinsed off and got ready and decided to do some shopping! 



We went to the Happy Shack, because that place is just filled with a bunch of random stuff. I ended up buying Jon a South Park mug, even though I hate the show. He loves it though, and I love him, so I got it. 

I saw this written on the counter at the Happy Shack and had to take a pic. I mean, who doesn't like waffles??
Of course, we had to hit up Tanger Outlets. Since the weather wasn't that great, and none of us were really in a shopping mood, we ended up only going to two stores. All I bought was a cross body purse that I'm obsessed with. It's perfect for Europe!

For some reason, we were all in the mood for sushi. Amanda picked a place called Aji Sai. There weren't many people in there, but the place looked cute. The sushi selection was underwhelming, and most of their rolls were tempura, which isn't really my favorite. I ended up getting a roll called the Three Musketeers, and it was delicious! Even though she picked the restaurant, Amanda was pretty dissatisfied with everything about Aji Sai - the food, the service, the fortune in her fortune cookie. You name it. It was pretty hilarious to watch her tear up her fortune. I actually enjoyed my experience.


After dinner, we were ready to go dancing. Of course, it was a bit early, so we hung out at the condo for a little bit and rested up by watching some Full House. Sarah fell asleep. I drank a few glasses of wine and a Razberita. Then we went to the Pink Pony Pub. It was super crowded, but it looked like a fun crowd. People were singing karaoke, most of them terribly, and it was thoroughly entertaining. Sarah and Kat sang "Gunpowder and Lead," and I went up and did a solo to my go-to song "Baby Got Back." It was fun to feel famous for a second. Like everyone was singing and dancing along to my song. What a thrill.

Sarah ended up running into someone she went to school with. All of us got hit on by creepy guys - one that kept creeping up into our dance circle. This was after the karaoke was taken over by some dance music - finally! We closed down the bar, and went back to the condo around 2 am.

Day 4
We woke up to rain on Tuesday, so another day with no beach. Kat was determined to do something out of the ordinary, so we all decided to go kayaking! And by all, I mean, everyone except Sarah. She doesn't do anything sporty. 

Amanda, Kat, and I piled into the car to Gulf Adventure paid just $11 for an hour of kayaking. I had never been kayaking before, and I was super excited, because it's on my bucket list! I'm always really pumped when I get to cross something off of my bucket list, so woohoo! It was nice to just float on the lake and discuss life with the girls. Luckily, it didn't rain on us while we were kayaking.


The sun decided to grace us with its presence, so once we got back to the condo, we decided it would be the perfect time to take some beach pictures. We all put on a dress and prettied ourselves up for a mini photoshoot with the tripod.




I feel so 'high school musical' in this pic
The only one with all of us in the air


Since it was our last night in Gulf Shores, we were determined to make the most of it. We had dinner at Tacky Jack's.


Just in case you're in the market for one.

We practically inhaled that mountain of nachos. I had some mahi mahi tacos, and they were freaking delish. 
Next we hit up The Wharf, and they were playing some fun music for kids and having a hula hoop contest of some sort outside. We walked around and looked at all of the shops. I loved the palm trees with the rotating colored lights. They were so fun. 


We made a stop at Toby Keith's I Love This Bar and Grill. I got a glass of moscato, and Amanda drank some local beer. Kat and Sarah ended up getting a cupcake martini, and Kat said it was too strong, but she ended up downing it, in spite of the fact that it didn't have any sprinkles on the rim. 

Next, we went to Florabama. It was a bust. It had about the same amount of people as it did on Sunday, but the band was playing original music, which would have been fine if we weren't in such a mood to dance. Also, everyone around us was at least 20 years older. After standing around for about 15 minutes, people started coming up to all of us to ask us to dance. Like Amanda said, it was like we were the main attraction.

Some interesting people we met/saw at Florabama:

-- At one point, we were sitting on a bench, and this lady comes by to try to get out. She pulls on the door and says "I thought this was an exit" and walks out the other door. The door was an exit, but you were supposed to slide the door, not pull it. Also, there was a rather large opening that she could have walked through. We were all embarrassed for her.

-- A man walked up to Katherine to tell her that he liked redheads. Then he pulled out his phone to show her a picture of his redheaded son and grandson.

-- This girl was dancing under this guy's shirt. Literally. He took his polo shirt, put it over her head so that they were both in the shirt, and they were just dancing. They were also both rather sweaty, so I can't imagine that that would have smelled good at all.

-- This guy pulled Katherine away and made her dance with him. She did for a bit, then pulled Amanda in and made her dance with him. Then they sauntered over, and he complimented my hair, saying that I won the best hair award. He also asked me what race I was. Then he precedes to pet my hair thanks to Katherine who egged him on (thanks, Kat). Then he tells us about this wedding he was just in and how someone let them borrow the place, and they all ended up trashing it. How rude. 

We stayed at Florabama for less than an hour, but it was a pretty eventful hour.

Next, we stopped by The Hangout where we finally found some dancing music! We were so happy. We ended up staying there until about 1 am. While they did play some awesome songs, they also played some weird stuff, but it was like they knew when we were trying to leave, because right when we were about to go, they would suddenly play something awesome, and we just had to stay and dance.

The last stop of the night was Pink Pony. Nothing eventful happened there. These two girls sang "Baby Got Back," and it was pretty bad. Mainly because all they knew was "Baby got back," and that's it. Fail. They played about 3 dance songs before kicking everyone out half an hour earlier than the night before at 1:30. 
Amanda and Sarah ended up going out and doing their own thing, but Kat and I ended up passing out when we got back to the condo. 

Day 5
It was our last day, and while Amanda and Sarah were still asleep, Kat and I decided to go to the beach for awhile because it was sunny and gorgeous, and we only had that one good day. The water felt amazing and the sun was bright, but we only got to stay for about an hour and a half. 


Pathetic excuse for a sand castle
After packing up and cleaning what we had to of the condo, we had lunch at Mellow Mushroom. None of us had ever been before, and the experience made us sad that we didn't have one in Shreveport. It was so tasty! 

I slept most of the way home, and I was so happy to reunite with Jon and Molly when we got back to Shreveport. Now my brain is totally on Europe. Less than two weeks! Ah!

8 comments :

  1. Love all your pictures!! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had quite the trip! Nothing is better than a friends vacay. That 'appetizer' looks AMAZING! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those nacho's look amazing. Also now you are making me want sushi. What app did you use to write this is an appetizer?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, girl! It was quite a trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really though. Sometimes you just need to get away with the girls. Those nachos definitely filled us up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The nachos were so delicious! I want some sushi too! I always want sushi. For the picture, I just did it in app called Snapchat and took a screenshot, but you can also download it to your phone before you post the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like so much fun, and such beautiful scenery! And yea, I need a wizard. Thanks, Luke! hahaha =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was so beautiful everywhere! I want to live by the beach so bad. That number for the wizard was so random! Haha

    ReplyDelete

09 10