Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: Supernatural #HousCon: Day 3.

Supernatural #HousCon: Day 3.

supernatural con houston 2015 houscon

Be sure to check out day 1 and day 2 of my first Supernatural Con!

I knew the last day of Supernatural Con was going to be amazing, because, duh, Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles were going to be there. Sunday was the day that sold out the fastest because everyone wanted to see the stars of the show, but if I ever go to another one, I will definitely be going all three days, because, like I said, Friday, aka day 1, was my favorite. 

Unlike Friday and Saturday, Sunday was filled with a lot of gaps for us because we didn't have any photo ops to look forward to, and the autographs for Jared and Jensen weren't until later in the day, so in between panels, there was a lot of time wasting and eating/drinking. 

The first Q&A of the day was with Colin Ford, who played the young Sam Winchester. He was freaking adorable. He said he just turned 18, and he has this precious baby face. Also, his laugh is just too cute. He answered a ton of questions, which was really great. I enjoyed getting to know him because he was a few years younger when he was actually on the show, so it was interesting hearing his stories about being underage on set and new projects he's had since working on Supernatural

colin ford young sam winchester houston supernatural con 2015

colin ford young sam winchester houston supernatural con 2015
Louden Swain took the stage to play a few songs, and as per usual, they did not disappoint. 

rob benedict louden swain chuck supernatural con houston 2015

rob benedict louden swain chuck supernatural con houston 2015
After enjoying some Starbucks, we headed back to the main room for the Q&A with Tahmoh Penikett, who played Gadreel and Ezekial. I was extra excited for his panel because I first new Tahmoh from Dollhouse, which is one of my favorite shows. I was devastated when it got cancelled. It was SO GOOD! But I really enjoyed Tahmoh's panel. There were a lot of sci-fi fans in the audience (obviously), and people asked him some really in depth questions about character parallels and such. Of course, I caught none of that on film, but take my word for it. He had a great answers to all of the questions he was asked. 

tahmoh penikett gadreel ezekial supernatural con houston 2015

tahmoh penikett gadreel ezekial supernatural con houston 2015
The last Q&A panel of the show was with Jared and Jensen. Hearing them speak and answer questions about their lives and their characters made me love them so much more. You can tell that they're really good friends and they've known each other for years because they just vibe off of one another. They're hilarious together, and they constantly crack jokes. Jared is a little more outgoing, and Jensen is a bit more reserved, but he is definitely a one-liner. I loved seeing them interact with each other onstage. Plus, they're not bad to look at at all. I thought they were attractive on TV...pshhhh. That's nothing compared to real life. Gah!

jensen ackles and jared padalecki sam and dean wincheser supernatural con houston 2015

jensen ackles and jared padalecki sam and dean wincheser supernatural con houston 2015

jensen ackles and jared padalecki sam and dean wincheser supernatural con houston 2015
jensen ackles and jared padalecki sam and dean wincheser supernatural con houston 2015

jensen ackles and rob benedict singing supernatural con houston 2015
After their amazing panel, we had several hours to kill, so Jon and I went to lunch at Cajun Town Cafe in Houston. Jon got a burger, and I decided on frog legs. I love frog legs, but these weren't my favorite. I feel like they could have used a lot more flavor. Oddly enough, there was too much breading. Jon enjoyed his burger, but he said it wasn't anything special. The fries were delicious though. They were skinny and crispy, just like I like them. 

frog legs cajun town cafe houston texas
After a jam session to "Carry On My Wayward Son" in the car, we headed back to the hotel to wait to get autographs from Jared and Jensen. Jensen signed autographs for us first, and holy cow, he's freaking gorgeous up close. Wow! Just...yea. Unfortunately, no conversation was really had with Jensen besides a hi and bye. I was pretty disappointed about that, but oh well.

Next, we went to Jared for autographs, and, again, freaking attractive! I was surprised I could even speak to him. He's come a long way since Gilmore Girls. I was glad that we went to Jared last because he actually had a conversation with us. Jon asked if he was tired or something, and Jared said he was fine because he was still on Vancouver time. He asked if we were tired, and we both said we were exhausted. I said we still had a four-hour drive ahead of us, and he asked where we had driven from. I told him Shreveport and said it was our first Supernatural Con. He thanked us profusely and asked if we had a good time, and duh we told him it had been awesome. Then we were shooed away. I think that was the perfect end to an amazing weekend. 

We were so sad to see the weekend come to an end, but we were also grateful to be home. I was extra excited to see Molly because I missed my puppy so much. If Jon and I ever get the opportunity to go to another Supernatural Con, I think we would jump at the chance. Maybe we should start saving now... Hmm...

supernatural con houston 2015 houscon

Check out the highlight video for day 3 of Supernatural Con in Houston on my YouTube channel:


15 comments :

  1. loving your vblogs. I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those frog legs look interesting! Glad you had a good time this weekend :)


    Xoxo,
    Karen
    Http://kensingtonwest.me.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the vlogs! Looks like you had such a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like another amazing day! I watched the vlog on youtube an hour ago and I still have Carry On My Wayward Son in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those weren't the best frog legs I've ever had, but I love eating frog legs! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much, Bree! My weekend was absolutely incredible, and I was so sad to see it end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a good song! Jon and I love to jam out to it in the car. We don't have the same taste in music at all. Not even close. But we will both belt out that song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much, Amy! I'm officially in love with vlogging, and I have so many ideas for future videos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this looks like so much fun! i have never watched supernatural and am confused. i was looking for jared padelecki isn't he on the show?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jared is so amazing. He's so humble and sweet to his fans. Everyone that met him had good things to say. I'm obsessed with Gilmore Girls too, and I was so mad when Rory screwed Dean over. He was perfect! Your secret is safe with me! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHH totally living vicariously through this post since I couldn't go to the Houston con (even though I live in Houston - but I went to the Dallas one last fall as early pushing present). Wow you sat so close - those photos are awesome! YUMMY! So.. no photo opp? That was my favorite part, and the photo is hanging in our hallway with all the other family photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't get a photo op with them because it was actually a gift for my boyfriend, and I paid for everything by myself, so I got the Misha/Mark photo op since those are our favorite characters. We got autographs with Jared and Jensen though, and it was amazing meeting them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I gave them hugs when I did our photo opp. No one says no to a prego girl lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe I missed this post! But <3!!! Jensen is my one and only celebrity crush; I would love to meet him someday! (And would probably be a total fangirl and blank out, but y'know, it'd still be nice! :] )

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Jensen so much. Gosh, he's just unbelievably attractive! Ah! I hope you get to meet him one day. You should definitely try to go to an SPN con! I know you'd have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

09 10