Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: the post with the pinterest party.

the post with the pinterest party.


For my 23rd birthday this past year, instead of doing the usual 'get a bunch of people together and eat somewhere then go home and open presents' thing, I decided to do something different and throw a pinterest party. Of course, any sort of party involving crafts usually repels anyone of the male perspective, but I convinced my boyfriend to come (he lives an hour away) and bring along his twin. This was my first birthday back home since graduation, and all of my friends have dispersed into several different places, but luckily, I still had a few in close proximity that wanted to come celebrate with me.The instructions for my pinterest party included having everyone bring a recipe that was inspired by something they found on pinterest. Then at the party, we do pinterest-y crafts. Fun, right?! 

The cake:
The most important element of a birthday party is cake, so I had to do something exciting and pinterest-y. I made a rainbow cake, and it was kind of awesome (but hard to cut).    

rainbow cake


 Ingredients and mixing the batter. The purple isn't that cute, but it turned out okay.

rainbow cake

rainbow cake

To do the "23," my little sister cut the numbers on computer paper then we put it on top of the cake and sprinkled sprinkles all over it. Another pinterest idea, of course. I really love how the inside turned out.

rainbow cake


The slice looks a little awkward cause that thing was hard to cut. Cut me some slack, y'all.

Party food:
Other party foods/drinks included cake batter muddy buddies and pink fizzies. The salsa and bean dip were provided by my mom and her friend. Though not from pinterest, they were still delicious. My sister made some bacon wrapped smokies, and my friends brought crackers, mini corn dogs, and pizza. My boyfriend and his twin brought the pizza (cheaters).

pinterest party


Gettin' crafty:
Crafts for the party included making coasters, pebble mats, and ceramic mugs.

pinterest party

diy coasters
I love how my coasters turned out!

The party:
 I got really into crafting, so I didn't take many pictures, but, trust me, it was lots of fun. I captured a few of the girls make pebble mats for pots and pans and whatnot. These things ended up failing though. I found a better tutorial after the party, but I haven't tried to make another one.

pinterest party

pinterest party

pinterest party


My loves:
I was so thankful that my friends had time to come celebrate with me. I had such a fun time, and I love them all so much.

pinterest party
My little sister, Bre. She helped me so much with the party.

pinterest party
My lovely friends: Jake, Kat, me, Amber, Jon


-- tiffanykhyla.

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10