Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: the post with the harry potter silhouettes.

the post with the harry potter silhouettes.

DIY Harry Potter Silhouettes


I've gotten to the point in life where, if I want something, I would rather just buy it for myself because no one else would know what I really want, i.e. clothes, craft supplies, movies (my collection is ridiculous and no one knows what I have or don't have), etc. So I love receiving handmade gifts from family and friends, and in turn, I L.O.V.E. making gifts for them as well. It has more meaning and no one else in the entire world has anything exactly like it.

So for my boyfriend's sister's birthday, I decided to make something super random. She loves Harry Potter (I mean, who doesn't?), so I decided to make something in that genre, and I settled on making some colorful silhouettes of the trio. I absolutely love how these turned out! You can also adapt this to make any kind of silhouette you want!

Materials:
  • Magazines
  • Scissors
  • Silhoutte print out (it's pretty easy to do a google search and find something)
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge brush or paint brush
  • Picture frame
  • Solid colored piece of paper (printer paper, card stock, construction paper, any will do)
Directions:
1 // First rip magazine pages out with colors that you like and cut the pages into strips. They can be long, short, whatever you want.

2 // Take the Mod Podge and, using the brush, paint Mod Podge onto the silhoutte print.

3 // Place the magazine strips onto the paper in any way you desire.

4 // Turn the silhouette over and use the scissors to cut the excess magazine strips off.

5 // Paint a layer of Mod Podge over the magazine strips. 

DIY Harry Potter Silhouettes


6 // When the Mod Podge is finished drying, paint a layer of Mod Podge on the back of the silhouette and place it wherever you would like on the solid colored piece of paper. It's best to choose neutral colors like black, white, or gray so that it doesn't clash with the colors in the magazine strips. 

7 // When it's done drying, place it in the frame, and you're done! 

DIY Harry Potter Silhouettes

-- tiffanykhyla.

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10