Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: flitwick's 1st birthday.

flitwick's 1st birthday.

Saturday was Flitwick's first birthday! I was so excited to celebrate with him. Too bad he was being a drama king. I think he knew it was his birthday, so he was doing the whole, "It's my party; I can cry if I want to" thing.

I started the day by cleaning out his cage and washing everything with soap and water. I gave him fresh, new shavings. I tried giving him strawberries, but he doesn't like them. I put him in his little play area, but he just kind of sat there. I gave him a bath, but he pooped and peed (which he does every time).

 photo IMG_2443_zps618727a9.jpg

Afterwards, I tried to dry him off, but he just bit the washcloth and held on, so I let him run free with it for a little bit. I tried to cut his nails, but he kept the washcloth in his mouth and kept running around, so I couldn't get to all of his toes. When he finally let go of the washcloth, it was just to bite me.

 photo IMG_2456_zps75de7f11.jpg

When he was finally dried off, I tried to pick him up, but he kept hissing at me and quilling up. I did get him to snuggle with me for a little bit, but he was just being a little birthday diva.

Hopefully, this little mood is just temporary. I'll be taking him to the vet soon for a check-up. I've been pretty busy this week, so I haven't been able to play with him as much, so this is probably his revenge. I still love my little hedgie though, and now he's 1! Yay!

The rest of my weekend was spent reading and watching a lot of movies. I had a hectic week at work, so having a lazy weekend was exactly what I needed.

-- tiffanykhyla.

6 comments :

  1. aww happy birthday little guy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how cute! Happy Birthday, stop being a diva :p =)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww happy birthday!!!
    stopping by from the blog hop.
    newest follower via gfc & bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my page! Can't wait to check yours out.

      Delete

09 10