Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: the city that never sleeps.

the city that never sleeps.

As you've read before, I worked at camp last summer. I told you all about my trip to Philly, but I haven't told you about my much more exciting trip to NYC! And you've already heard about my first trip to New York, but this time was a little different. I went with a few of my camp friends, one of which was from the city. It was a two-hour commute, but it was so worth it. 

We parked in a parking garage in Hoboken so we could avoid traffic. I took my first ride on a train. Not gonna lie, I was very confused, but I had seven people there to help me. 

 photo 773473d8-6078-452c-954e-862e5a52f708_zps2cf30950.jpg

Our first stop was Times Square to eat an overpriced lunch at TGI Friday's. I would've rather had a street hotdog, but it was fun. I loved the energy of Times Square. There were so many people. Too bad most of them were either rude, trying to sell me something, or bumping past me. I posed for a picture with Smurfette, but then she asked for money after. I thought we were friends. Meet my two best camp friends: Brooke and Kelsey.
We stopped at Forever 21, but I was so overwhelmed by the selection that I had to get out of there. Brooke, Laura, and I snuck out to go to the Disney store next door. Heaven. Laura and I were trying to be vicious bears. Are you convinced?


The Hershey store was also a priority. I was overwhelmed by the chocolate selection. We snapped a pic with the green M&M. 

 photo a0e711f7-be55-4ced-9e31-2f8f0944943e_zpsf660b95e.jpg

Halfway through our NYC adventure, it started raining. And when I say raining, I mean there was a torrential downpour. Our friend who lived in NYC had left us to go visit with some friends, and while we were on the way to see her (walking, by the way), is when it started pouring. We stopped in a random grocery store. They took pity on us and gave us free cookies. The girl that worked in the bakery even snapped a picture of us for her Instagram. This was easily one of my favorite parts.
My friends that you haven't met yet are Kara, Michelle, and Emma. After picking our friend up (and using her towels to dry off) on the upper east side, our last stop was Carlo's Bakery. I spent a ridiculous amount of money, but it was worth it because it was all delicious. 
Buddy wasn't there, but we did meet his sister, Maddalena. So that was pretty cool.

 photo 5fe64e7c-819b-4d8d-abbf-8d4fe1b8af86_zpsae940be0.jpg

I was just talking to my co-worker about how much we both wanted to go back to New York. I mean, the first time I went, I was in 8th grade with my art class and this time, I only got to go for a few hours. I want to go and spend a week there (or maybe a life?). I just want to go back. Pleeeeease. 

-- tiffanykhyla.

10 comments :

  1. stopping by to show some loveeeee! Xo I wanna go to NYC NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can't tell how much fun NYC is . I just wanna meet green M&M now ;)
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. new york is the best ever!! I love the smurf picture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I wish I could stay there forever (or at least visit frequently). I love little Smurfette.

      Delete
  4. My roommate and I played in the Disney store on our trip to NYC too! It's so fun :)
    I'm a new follower from the aloha hop, nice to meet'cha!
    Ingrid
    smilingridm.blogspot.com

    P.S-here's the link for my Time Square post, I'd love if you could check it out! http://smilingridm.blogspot.com/2013/07/nyc-time-square.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so amazing in there. I'll always be a little kid at heart. Thanks for checking out my page!

      Delete
  5. Glad you didn't go there alone, NYC is so crowded! It can be a bit imposing. I've only been there once.. for three days. It was definitely not enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so stressed if I went by myself (and scared). Ahhh. Three days is not enough. I really hope to go back one day.

      Delete

09 10