Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: things i wish i would've done in high school.

things i wish i would've done in high school.

Trust me, I have no desire to go back to high school. Some parts were really fun - making friends (that I still have now), being editor-in-chief of the newspaper, part-time jobs, parties, road trips, etc. etc. etc. Then there were also the really crappy parts - drama, part-time jobs (no free time), being poor, ex-boyfriends, etc. etc. etc. But when I think of some parts of high school, I think of a lot missed opportunities. If I could go back to high school, I would...

...go to football games.
I probably averaged one football game a year. Actually not even that, because I moved to Louisiana after football season had ended, so no football games my freshman year. Sophomore year, my friends didn't go to football games, so I didn't either. Junior year, I think I went to one game. Senior year, I know for sure that I went to one game because my friends and I made shirts.

 photo 97969bb6-6806-435a-aed8-004c7f7453fa_zps3b943020.jpg

I definitely wish I would have gone to more. I was not big on school spirit because I liked my school in South Carolina better. My LA high school was a major downgrade, so no football games for Tiffany.

...job shadow.
Granted, I had no idea what I wanted to do when I was in high school, but I still wish I would have gotten some job shadowing experience. For my last two years of high school, I wanted to be a journalist. Why didn't I take the opportunity to job shadow someone working at the local newspaper or something? Why?

...take art. 
I love to paint now, and I was too scared in high school to take art because I was afraid I wouldn't be good enough. I took art all through middle school in South Carolina, but when I moved to Louisiana, I just wasn't feeling it. During my senior year of college, I started painting random things, just googling images and painting duplicates or adapting my own creations. I took a few watercolor painting classes, and I loved them, in spite of it being the hardest thing I've done ever. Sigh.

 photo 03deee30-3b41-4d7c-8e46-c152dff3ad79_zpsbdf04aba.jpg

This was the magnolia painting that I did for my watercolor class. It was the only painting I finished. I had to quit because I got a promotion, and the classes were from 12:30 to 2:30 on Wednesdays. Can't do that anymore.

...save money.
I was never without a job during high school, so why didn't I have anything to show for it? I was constantly spending money on hanging out with friends. I also insisted on getting a credit card (yikes!) and getting off of my parents' phone plan so that I could get unlimited texting. I was way too quick to fly away from the nest, so I was always po'.

...travel.
The only places I traveled to while I was in high school were Dallas (two road trips with the girls) and South Carolina (to visit the family). I wish I would've saved my money and gone someplace worthy of telling people about like a cross country road trip or a trip to Europe or freaking AUSTRALIA. I will get there someday, dang it!

 photo 1c93c95e-238d-4805-8188-ae2dee32c64f_zpsdd926c85.jpg

This is from one of our trips to Dallas. And yea, the girl's hair on the far right is indeed fake. She bought a hair clip. Like a real hair clip if ya catch my drift.

...try out for a lead role in High School Musical.
No, I'm not talking about the movie; we did the play during my senior year at school. I was an extra, a skater to be exact. I still got to be onstage a lot because HSM has all those musical numbers, ya know? I wish I would've tried out for Taylor though. I was too chicken. Clearly I had confidence issues.

 photo 44ba3aaa-4fe9-4913-a964-29c45c3d9b2b_zpsfbfaf024.jpg

 photo 99de7b2e-970c-4200-b016-790970b8695e_zpsde858f24.jpg

--tiffanykhyla. 

11 comments :

  1. i mostly just drank and did other illegal things in high school i should have done all of this too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other illegal things? Haha I'm sure your high school days were cray.

      Delete
  2. Nice list! I would add "save money" and "join the school play" and "don't be such a nerd" on my list. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha don't be such a nerd? I was a little nerdy in high school too. Oops.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know you were an EIC, too! My high school career was dedicated to journalism. I kind of wish I had cared about a sport - any sport! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being EIC was probably the most fun I had all of high school. I loved my staff.

      Delete
  4. Lol , I never got into sports much in school becauseschool football teams were too boring for me !
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's such a shame. I loved college football, but for high school, it really was boring.

      Delete
  5. I am still in High school and I hope that I can save some bucks. At least my wallet wants me to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Save money! I really wish I had. I had a spending problem (still do actually).

      Delete
  6. Thanks, love. I followed you! Can't wait to check out your page.

    ReplyDelete

09 10