Endless Bliss | Happy Lifestyle Blog: tips for newbie bloggers from a newbie blogger.

tips for newbie bloggers from a newbie blogger.

Okay, so I'm a newbie blogger with barely 100 followers and less than 70 blog posts, but I've learned a lot in the few short months that I've been blogging. So if there are any other newbie bloggers out there currently reading this post, here are the steps you need to take to get your blog up and running.

{from a newbie blogger}


Stop being a no-reply blogger
I know you've probably seen this everywhere, but it really is a big problem. I've had people leave lovely comments on my posts, and when I try to reply back to them, I get the dreaded: [noreply-comment@blogger.com]

Frustration all around. This usually comes with connecting your blog with Google+. I definitely don't recommend that. I made that mistake at the beginning and had no idea how much of a hindrance it would be on my blog. How do you fix this problem? Use this tutorial by Sarah here.


Remove word verification from comments
I didn't realize that I had this on my comments until someone pointed it out to me. I think we all know how annoying word verifications are. I know if I try a few times to do the word verification and it doesn't work or I can't read it, then I just give up and don't comment. Don't let the word verification deter people from commenting on your page. It's super easy to get rid of it:

1. Click on "Settings" from the downward arrow from your dashboard:





2. On the left choose "Posts and Comments" under "Settings."
3. Scroll down to where it says "Show word verification" and choose "No."
Easy peasy!


Make your blog pretty
I struggled with this from the beginning. I also have a problem with constantly changing my layout, but I assure you this one is here to stay. Having a pretty blog means having a nice header and sections that really tell your reader about who you are. The look of your blog is a reflection of you. It's like your clothes. If you wear clothes that look a hot mess, no one will take you seriously just like if your blog is messy and not aesthetically appealing, no one will want to read your blog.



Respond to comments
Don't leave your readers hanging. If someone reads your blog and is sweet enough to comment on one of your posts, respond! Being a blogger isn't about anonymity. It's about making friends and connecting with people. It's important to interact with your readers. Also on the flip side, you shouldn't be an anonymous reader either. If you read someone's blog, comment on it. Bloggers love to hear feedback and know what you think. Blogging is all about interacting, so interact! I also just learned that if you reply to someone's comment on the actual blog, they won't get an email notification. So when you reply, you have to reply through emails. That just goes to show that I'm still a newbie too, and there's always something to learn when it comes to blogging, no matter how long you've been doing it.

Do you have any good tips? Share them in the comments below!

 photo dastisignatureEDIT_zpsa7bcb721.png
Image Map

7 comments :

  1. all great tips! those things are so annoying when not followed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this, girl!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grat tips! A fellow blogger kindly informed me about the no-reply comment thing. I had no idea! I also think it is importaint to make your blog pretty. I am always looking for new ways to pretty up my blog! x

    Rowdy Fairy Blog
    Follow Me on Bloglovin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great tips! I'd probably add use disqus instead of the native blogger commenting system. When you reply to comments on disqus, the commenters get an email notification.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great! I can't stand when I've typed a comment and then it takes like two minutes to verify that I am, in fact, a human.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are good tips. I was actually going through my blog and trying to fix things while reading! I've been trying to get better at this so these did help. Good post !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tips!! I'm a new blogger and still trying to figure this all out haha

    ReplyDelete

09 10